Monday, April 11, 2011

Terry Stand Tall

“I consider myself the rock-n-roll cobbler. Thats exactly what I am. I always was.”
Terry De Havilland
I may have mentioned that when it comes to adoration it's David Bowie at the top of my list, so it should come as no surprise that when it comes to shoes you can stick your-skinny-ol Manolo Blahnik's and pass the Terry de Havilland's - the true "rock-n-roll cobbler"
 Terry was born into a family of shoe makers, raised carving and stretching shoes, and come the advent of LSD in the late 60s he shook up the industry and came to shod all the feet of the era worth shodding. From Tim Curry in Rocky Horror, Jackie O, Bianca Jagger, Angie and David Bowie and everyone in between.
We do style, darling. We don’t do fashion.” 
- Terry de Havilland 
 ------------------------------------
Erstwhile
lemme introdoose you to ma lil freend 
(my long hair - fresh from the fridge where I have been keeping it for a few months "that's so creepy"- I can Hear you unsubscribing)

And finally on the garish 70s note -
This Aztec-y gold velour shirt is so fun to pat. With gold hot pants and gold tights, a friend said "If you wore this to the Cairo museum people would just assume you were an exhibit on the loose"
How about Heather Graham as Rollergirl?

No comments:

Post a Comment