Friday, April 1, 2011

Katrantzou Kraze

Mary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

I have been trying to assemble some sort of critical response to Mary Katrantzou's Autumn 2011 ready-to-wear collection since, uh, February, and now that it's April I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is one of the best collections I've ever seen and I have very little else to say.
I love it. I love her.
I didn't think there was anyway she could improve upon her lampshade-interiors Spring collection but LOOK. (click to enlarge for sweet loveliness)
Mary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Not only has she achieved Breath Taking prints, the Shapes are bias-cut-GENIUS. WIZARDRY if you will
Mary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearMary Katrantzou Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Oriental overtones without being trite, a bright pallet that isn't heavy handed.

It was with this collection in mind that I wrote my grumbling Oscars post, lamenting the lack of such beautiful items (Anna understands). 

No comments:

Post a Comment