Thursday, November 25, 2010

If You Can Clean An Oven, You Can Clean Me

I feel very distant from the younger generation. The thing is, my sister is only 5 years younger and a whole generation away.
And even though I can accept that-I-can't-accept her desire to wear the same clothes as her friends (denim shorts and a white singlet - zomg high-wasted you so alternative!) and too much make-up (and this isn't just my sister, but rather an eternally troubling trend) 
however
 I CAN'T ACCEPT THE TREND TO AFFIX ONES WALLS WITH ADVERTISING
It's kind of disturbed. We are bombarded with advertising all day everyday, and the youths are sticking it to their walls? 
THANK YOU BIG BROTHER. Orwell, we got the message.
Yes, a postcard or a photo or even a really clever or attractive bit of advertising I can fully understand, but ugly photos of perfume bottles? Or just brand names? WHY? 
In other news, today my doctor told me I looked like one of the "hippies" from the "70's" - "have you ever heard of them?"
These babes? YES!
(Ma doctor is so out-of-da-loop)
Image from Native Funk and Flash: An Emerging Folk Art, I think

No comments:

Post a Comment